Mission and Governance
The PSLA’s Mission:
Pennsylvania School Librarians Association generates conversations and connections to transform teaching and learning.
The PSLA's Vision:
The Pennsylvania School Librarians Association will:
• Promote inquiry-based learning for students to ethically and effectively navigate evolving information to successfully complete tasks vital to college, career, and life.
• Promote collaboration between school librarians and all other advocates of learning in our schools and communities.
• Promote the application of best practices in school librarianship.
• Promote the highest standards of professional integrity and service.
• Promote information literacy, the love of reading, and the commitment to lifelong learning.
Governing Documents of PSLA
PSLA Strategic Plan for 2012-2018 (updated January 2016)